Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Dog Skip by Willie Morris

Why would somebody my age want to read a book about a kid and his dog? It all started with a reading list from a workshop in creative non-fiction. Then, my friend who knew I had two Jack Russell terriers recommended I see the movie version. So, I pulled out my trusty, rusty Blockbuster card and rented the video one weekend. It was a wonderful movie. See this link for more information: http://www.randomhouse.com/vintage/screen/books/skip.html.

I bought a used paperback version of the book, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. However, as often happens, the movie version is "enhanced" so that the story has a few extra twists and turns. I'd say, read the book first. Then be sure to see the movie, too. One reviewer said that My Dog Skip should be on the same shelf with The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I tend to agree, and that's high praise. Whether you love dogs or not, you'll enjoy this heart-warming story.

The book is available on Amazon.com.


So is the DVD.
My Dog Skip (Keepcase)

If you live near me, I'll lend you my copy of the book.

No comments: